Welcome to LOIREMUSIC. This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information and your rights in relation to that information.
Loire Music Limited (we, our or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We, Loire Music Limited, are the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that we decide why and how your personal information is processed and we are responsible for its use and protection.
This policy was last updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
2. How and when we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Fill in and submit contact forms, booking forms and inquiry forms on our Website
- Reply to surveys or feedback requests
- Interact with us at our events.
- Correspond with us by phone, email or in another way.
- Post on our social media pages.
- React to content that we post online.
We also collect statistical data from our social media followers' activities (but from which we cannot identify you as we only have access to this information in aggregated form).
We may also view any personal information which you allow to be shared, for example information you share on third party social networks.
3. Categories of personal information we collect and may use
We process the following categories of personal information about you:
- Address and contact details: postal address and country of residence, email addresses and phone numbers.
- IP addresses when filling in forms on our Site.
- Marketing preferences: your preferences in respect of marketing communications from us.
- Opinions and feedback about our Products and Services which you have given to us in correspondence, emails, text messages.
- Musical Preferences: details of instruments played including voice, areas of musical interest, requests for specific topics for classes.
- Bank account details: information used to send/ receive funds to/from you, specifically when you send funds by bank transfer or receive a refund.
- Legal information relating to claims made by you or against you or any claims process.
- Age group (For Loire summer school attendees only): Approximate age to assist with any potential room sharing or room allocation.
- Dietary preferences (for Loire summer school attendees only) to allow tailoring of catering to specific dietary requirements.
We do not collect any type of "sensitive data" about you.
Credit/ debit card payments made through our Website: When paying for courses, workshops and event tickets, you may be asked for financial details such as credit / debit card information. The processing of these payments is carried out securely by third parties (such as Stripe, PayPal, Amazon,Chargebee) and on a separate secure server. This information is not recorded by Loire Music website and we do not store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
4. Use of your personal information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- With your Consent: where you have consented for us to do so we will contact you periodically via email with information about our forthcoming summer schools, workshops, concerts or other events. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in this ways at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails.
- To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract with you. More specifically, we use the information provided by you
- to assess your suitability for and help you to choose from our range of Products and Services (summer schools, workshops, courses and concerts),
- for the delivery of tickets and booking confirmations for our Products and Services
- to effectively run, administer and deliver our Products and Services (summer schools, courses, workshops and concerts).
- To comply with our legal obligations. We use your personal information to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- to comply with mandatory requests for the disclosure of your personal information, including in circumstances of suspected fraudulent activity.
- to store and delete your personal information in accordance with our retention policies and data protection law;
- to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services we provide.
- to comply with UK tax collecting authorities requirements.
- To fulfil our legitimate interest
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research and statistical purposes.
- for analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience.
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- to improve the content, quality and relevance of our Products and Services.
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- Providers of IT services
- Website and Social Media page maintenance services
- email distribution and banking services
- Advisors such as accountants, lawyers, and consultants
Where we do so, any such disclosure will be on the basis that these third parties are required to keep the data we give them confidential and secure, and not to use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us. The Service providers and advisors above are located in the European Economic Area or in the USA and are subject to the same or similar Data Protection Policies as Us (in the case of USA providers, these are subject to the EU Commission-approved Privacy Shield certification).
We will never sell your personal information or share it with third parties who intend to use it for marketing purposes.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
If we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets, we may disclose your personal information to the new owners of the business. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this policy.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet may not be completely secure.
7. The periods for which we retain your personal information
The periods for which we keep your information depend on why your information was collected and what we use it for. We will not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Some booking and payment information will be held for 7 years from your last use of our services to comply with HMRC record keeping and auditing requirements.
8 Your rights in relation to your personal information
- Updating your contact details: we want to make sure that our information is as accurate as possible. If the data we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, and you'd like us to make any changes, you can contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this policy
- b. Opting out: you have the right to object to marketing or data processing at any time. We include unsubscribe links at the bottom of all marketing emails that we send. If you've received a marketing email from us and would like it to be the last, simply click the unsubscribe link. Please be aware though that we may still send you emails related to your bookings/purchases with us, for example booking confirmations and updates to your booking.
- Subject Access Requests, Objecting to use of your information and Right to be Forgotten:
- You can request that we provide access to / copies of all information that we hold about you.
- You also have the right to request that we stop using and/or delete your personal information.
- If you wish to exercise these rights, you can contact us and tell us why. These rights are subject to certain exemptions to safeguard public interests and our interests. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using and/or delete your personal information but, if that is the case, we'll let you know and tell you why.
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our Site and, where appropriate, by contacting you by email.
10. Contact information